Surviving Mercury Retrograde in Scorpio & A Charmed Soap Recipe
What is Mercury Retrograde?
When Mercury goes retrograde, it means that it appears that it's moving in the opposite direction but it's not, it's an optical illusion because of the placement of the planets.
So why does this affect us?
The rumors are that everything goes bad during a Mercury Retrograde, but it's a bit less dramatic than that. Mercury rules communication, so if our communication planet looks like it's going backwards, than our communication in our lives looks like it's going in the wrong direction too.
What Can Go Wrong?
Mostly it's things that revolve around communication:
- Losing that important email
- Your cell phone dies when you need it the most
- Technology seems to just stop working
- You lose things you need like your wallet or keys
- Someone hears gossip or rumors that aren't true
- You transfer money to the wrong account
- You signed an agreement that you don't agree with
- A check goes through in your account on the wrong day
What Can You Do?
Listen to your intuition!! That's right, listening to your gut instinct is the best way to survive. When Mercury Retrograde is in a water sign, it affects OLD EMOTIONS so you'll notice that things may pop up that you didn't expect. Just face them! Getting spiritual guidance or even talking with a therapist or best friend can immensely help when working through it! This is a great time to do a little shadow work - shining light on things you don't like about yourself or things we don't want people to know about us. Shadow work isn't as scary as it sounds. It's being authentically YOU and owning who you are!
Finances are also brought up during a Scorpio Mercury Retrograde. What about finances you ask?? Paying off debts, specifically, so set some goals!! You can set a savings goal, take a look at investments, and make a plan! A forgotten asset may pop up for you! Just don't make any final agreements just yet, you may end up having to renegotiate once this retrograde is over.
Here are some tips to make sure you turn this retrograde into a positive time:
- Make a list of things you'd like to succeed in
- Take your time finalizing any decisions
- Look for new ways to make extra cash
- Do some past life work
- Work on your intuitive abilities
- Set clear boundaries
- Charge your phone often
- Double check your emails/texts
- Add an extra 5 minutes to your meditation
- Do a cleansing in your home, sage your space
If you want crystals to carry around with you, a list of the ones I suggest are here.
Here's a charmed recipe I created JUST FOR YOU so you can make a handmade soap that is perfect to use during mercury retrograde, or anytime you need to relieve stress, follow your gut, and stay positive.
What you will need:
- Sage for cleansing your space
- 8 oz of unscented liquid castile soap (Like Dr Bronner's)
- 5 Drops of Chamomile Essential Oil (Calming)
- 3 Drops of Jasmine Essential Oil (Intuition)
- 2 Drops of Orange Essential Oil (Positivity)
- 1 Clear Quartz Point
Clear your space and your materials with the sage (or any other smudge that removes negative energy). Empty the liquid castile soap into a mixing bowl. Take a deep breath and start to visualize this soap being a helpful, liquidy light of goodness that's here to help you stay positive, relieve stress, and trust your intuition. Now, place 5 drops of the chamomile, 3 drops of the Jasmine, and 2 drops of the Orange into the soap. Stir gently in a clockwise direction and say positive affirmations that fit with you! For example "I am calm", "I am full of positivity" and "I am a spiritual gangster" - make it personal! Mix well so all oils are incorporated, don't be afraid to visualize here too! Next, take a funnel and funnel all this liquid gold back into the bottle (or if you have a cute fun bottle to use, use that one). Then, take that clear quartz point and hold it in your hands and say "Fill this mixture with loving light energy to soothe my soul and let all my external forces be in harmony with my inner self". Drop that baby in your handmade soap!
And there is it!
Please note, if you have any allergies you can change out the essential oils used. Just send me an email if you need help! Please stop using if you have any skin irritation. The soap will be good up to 8 weeks in a sealed container.